Choose your Christmas tree
We are open this year from Saturday 27th November 2021 until the Thursday 23rd December 2021.
- Wreath Making workshops are being held on various dates throughout November & December. To enquire or book a place. Please E-mail Richard Dowman <Trees@leatonforest.co.uk>
We may have a number of guidance or restrictions in place in order to keep staff and customers safe.
We are open the following times – Monday Tuesday Wednesday 10:00-17:00 Thursday – Friday 10:00-18:00 Saturday – Sunday 9:00-17:00
- We ask all visitors to Leaton Forest to wear a face covering. Especially in the Christmas Tree Barn, whilst paying for your Tree.
- We will be encouraging visitors to use provided Hand Sanitizer Stations.
- There is a limited one way system in place within the sale and payment areas.
- We are still encouraging the 2 meter rules as per government guidelines.
- If you are wanting to cut down or dig up your own tree – Please remember to bring all the necessary equipment. As we are no longer able to loan out equipment.
- Due to Health & Safety. We do not allow the use of Chainsaws on site.
- We will displaying a Covid-19 QR Code, to be scanned on entry.
- We will be recording details of persons admitted as per previous government guidelines.
Please keep in mind that, we are now unable to cut trees on demand on the day, but can offer to cut these down for collection at a later convenient date.
We know our customers enjoy walking and spending time at Leaton Forest but due to the nature of this years restrictions we are encouraging each customer to limit their time at Leaton Forest to 1 hour in order to allow all of our customers time to visit and select their trees.
With 37 years plus as Shropshire’s leading Christmas tree retailer, we want our customers to enjoy looking for their real Christmas tree.
At Leaton Forest we have a huge variety of trees, both ready cut in the yard, or out in the plantations where you may cut your own.
Reasons to love Leaton trees
We have been growing Christmas trees for 65 years and retailing for 40 years, retailing 2,000+ trees per annum.
We are members of the British Christmas Tree Growers Association and adhere to BCTGA standards.
We only start cutting our trees at the end of November and then only by demand.
We care about the environment. We replace every Christmas tree we remove, ensuring that there is no net increase in carbon emissions.
For the best selection come sooner rather than later to choose your tree. We would advise that any trees over 12 foot or 3.6 meters in height are ordered in advance.
Caring for your tree
Providing the tree is kept in water and taken out of its net, it will last best if kept outside (but away from frost) until 7-10 days before Christmas. Inside, keep as far away from direct heat sources, and use a water holding stand.
Pick or cut?
Pick your tree from those ready-cut in the Leaton Forest yard or bring a saw to cut down your own.
If you want to choose yours from the forest but haven't brought a saw, one of our staff can cut down your tree. A £10 fee applies.
You'll know your perfect Christmas tree when you see it. We grow six varieties of Christmas trees so there's something for everyone.
Norway Spruce, from £20
The traditional Christmas tree. It is bushy and it is easy to hang decorations on the many branches. When purchased with roots it has the highest transplant success rate.
Nordman Fir, from £25
This is the most popular tree sold over the last few years at Leaton and across the UK. The tree is a dark green and well branched with silver underside to the soft needles; it also has the most uniform shape.
Douglas Fir, from £25
Very bushy with soft aromatic needles. Very popular in USA and Canada where it is indigenous. In limited supply.
Fraser Fir, from £25
Has a similar shape Nordman Fir but narrower form and different needle formation.
Korean Fir, from £25
Similar colour to Nordman. Very good branch formation.
Noble Fir, from £25
More horizontally branched than the other firs. Beautiful silvery blue needles. Limited supply.
CONTACT US FOR DELIVERY DETAILS
Getting your tree home
Delivery can be arranged but we need to know as early as possible due to it being our busiest time of year. You can either:
- Come down and choose your own and ask a member of staff about delivery or
- Fill in the enquiry / contact form below and we will contact you to discuss
Come and see us
The Christmas Tree Barn
Nr Bomere Heath
We will be open every day between 23rd November – 23rd December 2020
Monday – Wednesday
10:00 – 17:00
Thursday & Friday
10:00 – 18.00
Saturday and Sunday
9:00 – 17:00